Part-time Voluntary Workers
Volunteers play an important role in our work to support the homeless.
- Do you have some time you wish to give?
- Do you have skills you would like to share?
- Do you have an interest in other people?
We would like to hear from you, whether you have a few hours or days to spare each week or month, as your help can really make a difference.
Volunteer opportunities can be one off or regular events, as individuals or in groups. Volunteers can be working directly or indirectly with service users.
Examples of volunteer opportunities include:
- Helping out at our Allotment Project
- Driving our Land Rover Station wagon to transport people, equipment or furniture
- Taking photographs for publications
- Minute taking at Trustee meetings
- Painting and decorating
- Producing posters and leaflets
- General administration
As a volunteer you will be provided with an induction into Cyrenians and the work of the organisation and receive on-going support.
We recognise the huge contribution that volunteers make.
In return, we can offer you a rewarding experience by providing opportunities to:
- Develop skills and experience of the homelessness sector within a positive, friendly and supportive environment
- Socialise with like-minded people and other volunteers
- Give something back and make a real difference
- Make new friends
- Have new experiences and learn new things or making use of existing skills
- Build confidence -as you tackle new challenges
- Enhances your employability with direct work experience
- Sometimes influencing your career choice
- And finally, to have fun. It can be hard work, but is usually great fun and very rewarding.
Current part-time volunteering opportunities include
So if you are interested in volunteering with Cambridge Cyrenians and want to know more, please contact us at:
4, Short Street, Cambridge, CB1 1lB
Tel: 01223 712501